- Dated: circa 1525
- Culture: German or Swiss
- Dated: late 19th-early 20th century
- Measurements: overall length 95.5 cm
The brass hilt with lionhead pommel, cast with a moon and star and set with two glass “stones.” Curved, plated blade marked “Pettibone Bros. Mfg. Co. Cinti, Ohio.” The scabbard features brass mounts.
Source & Copyright: Auction Flex
- Dated: circa 1530
- Place of Origin: probably Switzerland
- Medium: Iron or steel, leather and cord
- Measurements: Length: 101.5 cm; Width: 3.8 cm; Weight: 1.62 kg
The sword is attributed to Itelhans Thumysen (died 1566). It also features an incised mark that resembles Lyon’s bladesmith being possibly the maker’s mark.
Source: © The Wallace Collection